January 2, 2010

WHY SO MUCH FOOD??

A lot of food went into my mouth today. I have no excuse except for the fact that nothing was entirely satisfying and all these extra snacks were around so I just kept on snacking. I did plan on exercising after it all went down but a 90-minute conversation with Sean but a halt to those plans.

The day started out all well and good...
There was a bowl of rice noodle soup for lunch. Besides the rice noodles there was slices of pork and various Chinese veggies in a beef broth. I didn't even eat the entire bowl set out for me by my parents. I only ate half and then left the rest for later on.

But then later on I decided to eat this banana tart...And then finished off the rest of my noodle soup.

And then dinner rolled around and because we had something different than our usual pork with red and green peppers, I ended up eating the whole thing. I present you with, pork chop with applesauce.It's probably nothing new to you but it's something entirely new to my family. After pan-frying the pork chops, my mom and I teamed up to make the sauce of apple cider vinegar, applesauce, a chopped-up apple, thyme, cinnamon, salt and pepper. It was a little bit too vinegar-y and my mother disallowed me from adding nutmeg or more cinnamon to the mix (she's not a fan of those spices) so we added a little bit of sugar and that was that. To be honest, I'm a big fan of sour/tart flavours so I thought that the sauce was great. But that meant eating the entire plate's worth of food, which I should not have done.

And then I didn't stop there. I also ate (unpictured) a slice of leftover meat pie, a mini salmon tart thing and a mini mushroom tart thing (both from M&M's). Then a couple of hours later, I had this for dessert:A cup of vanilla Earl Grey with a pomegranate lemon cupcake. The frosting on the cupcake was too tart for my liking (is that even possible?!) but I ate it because nothing I had eaten that day was entirely satisfying. While I was really excited about the pork chop and applesauce, what I really wanted alongside it was a baked potato and steamed carrots.

So the whole day was kind of a write-off in terms of food. I also ate some Lay's lightly salted chips as well as drank about 3/4 of a can of Coke. Tomorrow is going to have to be more of a healthy food day. Oi.

No comments: