March 6, 2010


I totally forgot to post that several months back, I was busy reading and and my version of Katie's Fudge Babies were featured on her blog, Chocolate-Covered Katie. You can check out the photo here.

Breakfast on the 3rd was the following:
Leftover maple breakfast sausage with a handful of spinach and scrambled eggs along with a piece of whole wheat toast.

Second breakfast was the following:Yes, that's right...just like my high school days, I took my cereal with me. On the right is my finished buckwheat cereal and on the left is some organic 2%.

Lunch was delicious--though in retrospect it may or may not have contributed to a major migraine:
Lemon and herb sole filet that I covered in dill-breadcrumbs and baked in the oven. Under that is some spinach and a maple breakfast sausage. Heavy on the protein for lunch that day but I needed the protein to keep me going throughout the afternoon.

Snacks were unhealthy as I ran out of frozen fruits and grapes long ago. Instead I had some dried dates, a couple Tim Tams (original) and a poppyseed and olive oil macaron:
I normally have lunch at 2:30 so by the time I'm done work at 5:30 and get home, I'm ready to eat my arm off. I ended up having a small bowl of buckwheat cereal:
While I waited for my sweet potato to bake in the oven. It was definitely worth the wait. Here's my dinner:
Stir-fried zucchini and red peppers (I'm not a huge fan of cooked red peppers unless it's on pizza), half a piece of steak, baked sweet potato with coconut oil, salt and pepper and mashed pumpkin. I didn't manage to finish all of it and sadly half of the sweet potato was leftover. Clearly I should have also said no when my brother asked if I wanted the last piece of Dufflet cake several hours later, but you know me and Dufflet cake...I can't say no:
I'm really glad that cake is out of my life now though. I gained about 2lbs while it was in the house and whether or not it was specifically the cake, I don't know for sure but back when I was a receptionist for an interior design company with Dufflet down the street, we used to order 3 cakes for the office (of only 55 people!) for someone's birthday (sometimes occuring 3 times in one month). When I left that job, I lost 7lbs and the only thing that I could relate to the weight loss was my decrease in Dufflet-cake-eating. Sorry tasty as you are (which you are by the way), you are not conducive to my diet. But at least you're all-natural. I give you a thumbs-up for that!


I had a major migraine all day long. I don't know whether it was a bunch of spice samples or a co-worker's perfume or something I had eaten the day before (could it have been the fish or the coconut oil), but it was bad. I took three pills in total--not cool.

Breakfast started out really well and tasty. I had the same thing for first and second breakfast:
Three small-size scrambled eggs with grape tomatoes and wilted baby spinach (I split this into two portions for first and second breakfast) along with a slice of whole wheat bread with cream cheese. I also had one of two bananas:Lunch was take-out, finally! Ever since starting the new job, there are no more lunches out, which of course is a good thing, but it's forced me to make lunch for myself every single night before or morning of and after a month, I was getting tired. It's kind of a pain in the ass to make lunch for just one person--especially when frozen meals and ramen bowls don't count as lunch. One of my co-workers was ordering from a nearby Thai restaurant, coincidentally the Thai restaurant my old co-workers and I used to frequent, so I got my regular green curry beef brisket with rice. Mmm, delicious.

Snacks for my work day included some more dried dates, Tim Tams and macarons, this time salted caramel and cassis.
Dinner that night was a mish mash of bland crap because my migraine was still roaring. I took a nap after work and then headed out to Jessie's house for some no-bake baking (more on that later). On the way to her house I had some white rice with lemon and salt and munched on some grapes too.


I woke up late and scrambled to make a decent breakfast. For some reason I now refuse to leave the house without a proper breakfast and a proper breakfast must include eggs or peanut butter. Or in this case, both:Last piece of raisin bun toasted with Crofter's Asia and organic, natural PB. Two small hard-boiled eggs on the side. Those small-size eggs are so tiny. It's going to be weird getting back into large-size eggs.

Lunch was actually what was supposed to be Thursday's lunch but Thai take-out made the following take a backseat. It was okay since I didn't have to make a lunch for Friday, woo.Baked sweet potato with salt, pepper and thickened lentil soup, leftover stir-fried zucchini, leftover half of steak atop spinach. It was ridiculously delicious. It made me feel bad for my co-worker who was stuck eating a microwaved sweet potato (plain!) with Activia yogurt (bleh!) and a clementine. Girl, this is NOT lunch! And I don't know what the deal is with Activia but every time I eat it, it gives me a migraine--a bad one! I've tried it on three separate occasions but I just can't down it without a massive migraine occuring the next day. I give up! I'll never have belly-dancing innards.

Once home I was hungry, as usual. I think I should just stop mentioning that I'm hungry because y'all should know by now that I'm hungry. Really, it's true. Sometimes, no often, Sean is amazed at how much food this little body consumed. I'm sometimes amazed too but then I think it's Marzipandy, the tapeworm in my stomach who is doing all the food consuming.

Anyway, I snacked on these upon coming home:Mojito and salted caramel macaron (the latter of which was not consumed the day before) plus a coconut chocolate patty. This was a really bad idea since it set me up for failure for the rest of the evening. What the heck am I talking about? Well, this...Popcorn for dinner. Yeah it's organic and "natural" flavour but considering I have IBS, I should not have had popcorn for dinner. But who can say no to a bowl like this: I then also had a bowl of Frosted Flakes with a couple of tablespoons of buckwheat cereal for fiber purposes (at least I had organic milk with it): I also had some grapes, a pear, almost all four small roasted potatoes (that I cut up into chunks and drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper) and now some mint tea with a bit of chocolate milk added in, in hopes of creating some kind of mint chocolate liquid treat. It's ended up being a bit of a recipe failure but that's probably okay since everything else I ate that night was probably enough.

Now I'm off to bed!


Anonymous said...

you aer making me so jealous of your macarons! olive oil flavored? how interesting! it's really pretty :). aw i love CCV, katie is the best! mmm fudge babies make life worth living! hope you make time to get your hair cut tomorrow, it's sooo relaxing to have someone wash/style it for ya isn't it?

RudePrincess said...

That is one giant blog. Look at all your meals! I showed my mom your photos of all your foods. She likes them. She thinks you are a little crazy to take photos of tupperware filled with yogourt and a bowl full of buckwheat cereal, but she's met you before and understands your insanity.

Congrats and being blog famous! That's where it all starts. I can see us being those Cupcake Girls in no time! But with a much wittier name and a more clever concept.

Dominique said...

I think my parents used to think I was nuts when I first started taking photos of my food back when I was posting them on Facebook. I used to lay everything out on the floor and then yell "be careful if you're walking into the hallway!!" because I didn't want them to walk into my food. Now they're just used to it.

I just finished making lunch for the next three days...I have one part to finish at Sean's tomorrow. It kind of sucks to have to make lunch everyday. It's actually quite tiring!