May 2, 2009

FOOD BABY ON THE WAY!

It's not as far along due as say, a trip to the Mandarin Buffet, but for the amount of food I've eaten today, it certainly seems like I should be giving birth. Today's food baby would be comprised of a Starbucks Oat Fudge Bar (oops!). an Iced Caramel Macchiato, some mac 'n cheese (using Catelli Smart macaroni), Caesar salad, lentil soup, pho (with rare beef), an egg tart and more. Oi. Just typing all that out makes me a little pukey; how could I have eaten so much food today?! The above-mentioned foods don't even include this evening's dinner.

I just finished making some Crunchy Buckwheat Cereal from this recipe here. And as much as I hate burning my tongue, I can't seem to help myself from tasting things when they're right out of the oven. Dare I say, buckwheat is my new favourite "cereal." I used agave nectar for the sweetener and crunchy almond butter and damn, it's dee-licious! I wonder if it tastes even more awesome-r with milk and fresh fruit on top. I even ate it right from the spoon I used to mix it with! Good thing I'm the only one eating it. Heck, it's so good at satisfying my crunchy-texture obsession that I probably wouldn't share it anyway. Plus, I only had enough buckwheat groats to cut the recipe in half. The photos below show the buckwheat in the toaster oven and the second is in the bowl with the almond butter and agave nectar.
Other than the above, not a lot of interesting cooking has been going on. I did make a super delicious dinner last night but I'll save that photo for the bento recap. I have the day off tomorrow so I'm hoping to get a lot food made for the week including cucumber dill hummus and other things involving Sean's food processor that he so kindly lent me.

No comments: