May 20, 2009

WOE IS ME

Whoa, it's been a while since a post. Sorry about that. Life has been hectic. My workload has practically quadrupled and I'm still not getting any more resources to work with.

This is how I spent this past weekend was I wasn't working or stressed out about work:
More kasha "cereal!" I use the term "cereal" very loosely because I used much more almond butter in this recipe than the last batch of kasha I made that it actually bunches up in clumps. No matter...it's still crunchy and I like my crunchy foodstuffs.

Et voila! C'est le homemade granola! (Yay for university French classes!) The granola contains oats, millet, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, agave nectar, crunchy almond butter and I think that's it. Oh wait, there might be some water in there too. Sorry for the craptacular photo as well. I don't know why I didn't try taking another shot with le granola.

So after having made both of those, I decided to try them out for breakfast the next day and came up with this:I call it the accidentally-vertical-but-incredibly-delicious breakfast. The bowl contains mainly lactose-free yogurt, a little bit of Liberte Mediterranee plain yogurt, strawberries, kasha cereal as well as the granola. I thoroughly enjoyed every spoonful. I even liked the millet! I initially was a bit apprehensive because I'm not a fan of quinoa because of the texture but the crunch from the millet was excellent. Best breakfast!!

No comments: