May 3, 2009

BUCKWHEAT GROATS + DOM = NEW BFFS

This was this morning's breakfast:It's a bowl of lactose-free plain yogurt, the buckwheat cereal, a banana and a drizzle of agave nectar. Mega bowl of delicious! I have my container of roasted buckwheat in the mini fridge in my bedroom and honestly, I keep looking at the fridge because I want more. Don't get me wrong, that bowl of goodness made me full, but I'm the type of person who just wants more of a good thing. I'm a major glutton that way. I'm trying to keep that part of me in check, which is how I've managed to keep the container of roasted buckwheat still in the fridge.

Here are some close-ups of the buckwheat groats because when I first stepped into Whole Foods looking for them, I had no clue what I was looking for.
And, contrary to popular belief, or if you're wondering WTF buckwheat groats are, they're actually a fruit, closely related to the rhubarb plant and not a grain at all. They're great for those who are wheat and gluten intolerant too. And if you're obsessed with crunchy-textured foodstuffs like me, you'll love them!

No comments: