May 31, 2009

WHEN I LIKE YOU...(PART ONE)

I make you dinner. And that "you" would be Sean. Last Friday night we (sort of) had my house to ourselves so I told him I would make him dinner before we headed out to watch Drag Me To Hell, which was scary enough to make me scream but not scary enough to give me nightmares.

The dinner's menu was this:
Starter - asparagus and melon salad (courtesy of Giada DeLaurentis)
Main - President's Choice rosemary and garlic lamb chops
Side - red potatoes with artichoke dip
Dessert - coeur a la creme (courtesy of this site)

Unfortunately everything took longer than I had anticipated because a) the hot spot in the element of our oven almost started a fire, b) I had a hard time finding the George Foreman grill thereafter, c) I took a few "breaks" to dance around and entertain Sean and d) there was a WiiFit moment or two involved.

Here's a few photos I took of the asparagus and melon salad coming together...
Proscuitto after 10 minutes in the oven:
Asparagus ready for the grill:
Whisking the dressing together:
The final product:Again, this photo should not be vertical but it is. Oh well. C'est la vie. So the salad is basically grilled asparagus with chunks of canteloupe and fresh mozzarella tossed in the dressing (which is a very basic olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper) and then topped with the crispy proscuitto broken into pieces. It is the best savoury-sweet creation next to bacon and maple syrup.

Onto part two...

No comments: