In an effort to make healthy, all-natural popsicles, here's my recipe for blueberry-banana yogurt pops, which are high fructose corn syrup-free, yay!
BLUEBERRY-BANANA YOGURT POPSICLES
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup blueberries (I prefer firm blueberries)
- 3/4 cup of yogurt
- juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- maple syrup (optional, if your bananas are not ripe)
- Blend bananas in Magic Bullet (or your blender/food processor/Vita Mix).
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into 8 ice-pop molds, pop on the lids and carefully transfer to freezer.
- Wait. At least 8 hours. Ugh! It's best to leave the house if your house is not air-conditioned like mine, because it's unwise to open the freezer to cool yourself off as the popsicles would take even longer to freeze.
I'll report back with the results.
I'm back as promised. A little bit late, I'll admit...but I've been busy; I've watched the FIFA World Cup, gone to Caplansky's again, seen Despicable Me, cooled down at Sean's air-conditioned house and more.
Here are the finished results of the frozen yogurt pops:As you can see (or maybe not), a non-air-conditioned house on a hot day means that your frozen pop will melt pretty darn quickly. You're going to have to eat this fast. Pretty fast. It's okay though because there will be 7 more waiting for you in the freezer. Yum.