December 25, 2009

HOLIDAY BAKING: PEPPERMINT CUPCAKES

I wanted to re-create the exact same cupcakes I made last year but since I a) ran out of candy canes and b) did not have time to scour the town looking for more candy canes, I made a few adjustments on last year's candy cane cupcakes.

Vanilla peppermint mini cupcakes just out of the oven:
Chocolate ganache laced with peppermint extract and a shot of chocolate liquor:
Cupcakes filled with chocolate ganache:
Frosted with peppermint frosting and topped with bittersweet chocolate shavings:
Close up:
Profiles:
Yummy:
Aerial:
Four standard-size cupcakes ready to be given away:
Profile:
Cross section:
I just ate half of the last regular-sized cupcake left and wow, totally awesome! But you most definitely must be a lover of mint in order to love these cupcakes. There's peppermint extract in all layer of these cupcakes: the cupcake itself, the chocolate ganache and the icing

No comments: