August 27, 2009

WHOLE FOODS MEGA HAUL!

What does $74 and change buy you at Whole Foods? Well let me tell you:
- a pint of organic figs
- a 6-pack of Pita Break Breakfast Muesli pitas. Contains apples and raisins, these things are seriously addictive.
- a box of Life Choices organic macaroni and cheese
- a bar of Pacifica Nerola Orange Blossom soap. This was ridiculously expensive at a price I don't even want to mention but just one whiff of this stuff and I am in sheer bliss. There's something about the orange blossom that does it to me every time. Anyway, in the long run--and when Sean and I are living together--this will be worth the $8. Oops.
- The Green Beaver Company Facial Cleanser. It's all-natural, contains no SLS and is Canadian. Oh and it smells like grapefruit. So while I can't enjoy the taste of a grapefruit, at least my face can smell like one.
- a one-pound bag of Lundberg Wild Blend rice. I liked when Shoppers sold this and I could get it for 30% off.
- 140g of proscuitto
- 100g of organic smoked ham. It contains no nitrates--yay me!
- one organic golden delicious apple. Super crunchy and juicy; from the US so not local but it was still good.
- Whole Foods Market 365 Every Day Value roasted garlic tomato sauce. The 365 brand is like the No Name brand for No Frills or President's Choice for Loblaws. 365 has the best water crackers.
- a bottle of Renee's Pear and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette. I wasn't terribled wowed or thrilled with the Tangerine and Lime flavour. I thought I'd give Renee's one more chance.
- a bottle of Annie's Naturals Green Goddess Dressing. I read about this flavour on someone's food blog so I thought I'd give it a shot.
- a cherry danish for Sean. He let me have a bite and it was really, really good.
- a panini with proscuitto, mozarella and fig. It was good. It probably would have been better right out of the panini press but I ate mine hours later.

So looking back at that list, it really was a lot of stuff. I'm not sure how it all added up to $74. I may have to consult my receipt again. Okay so that awesome apple cost $1.35. Whoa.

There's been a real lack of posts lately. I don't really have any good excuses except that Sean and I have been watching a lot of movies at Bloor Cinema lately and as a result I haven't been spending a lot of time at home when I'm not working. As a result I also haven't been juicing as much :( Sad times for me. I love my juicer and no, my obsession with juicing hasn't faded...I just haven't had time for it lately. I made a green juice the other day. It consisted of granny smith apples, pears, kale, romaine, cucumbers, celery, lime and ginger. I kind of overdid it with the celery. I used three stalks which I thought would be the right amount for a little over 1L of juice but it turns out that my ratio wasn't quite right; it was too "celery-ish." I ended up adding in some more apples to balance everything out but it wasn't my favourite juice to date. I probably have a photo of it somewhere that I'll post once I find it.

I don't have a photo for today. I just didn't feel like putting my haul together for a photo.

No comments: