April 3, 2009

NO EXERCISE & A QUICK BENTO RECAP

It has been ages since I exercised regularly. It has also been ages since I've weighed anything under 120lbs. Sigh. My weight gain was in part due to new medication and then because of an under active thyroid but alas, I'm still on the meds but no longer have the thyroid issue. So the real reason for my lack of exercise just comes down to laziness.

I remember when I was exercising regularly without feeling mega ill (stomach ulcer, heartburn and acid reflux aren't a good combo for a university student) and I felt pretty good. For one thing, I wasn't tired all the time like I am now. And I also really enjoyed seeing all those changes in my body shape, which were for the better. I mean, who doesn't like some arm tone and muscle? Back then I could give my boyfriend a run for his money in the wrestling department but nowadays, it's more common for my asthma to kick in, forcing me to quit.

Here's a recap of some of the bentos I've had for lunch this past week. There are only two photos because all the other days I was too hungry to stop to take a photo. Oh well, there's always next week.

Lemon pepper sole with sauteed mix greens, mini carrots, leftover roasted potatoes; Anjou pear, strawberries, Ace Bakery rosemary and sea salt crips with Babybel cheese:

Mixed greens with button mushrooms; Ace Bakery rosemary and sea salt crisps, Anjou pear; mini carrots and organic pastrami sandwich on whole wheat with baby spinach and mayo.

I tend to forget that mayonaise and I don't get along. It must be the mega fat and dairy factor but every single time I eat something with mayo, about 30 minutes later I've got pains in my chest and stomach. I couldn't blame my sandwich for the pain as it was my fault since I was the one who made it. In that case, it was well worth it.

That's all I have for now. I just drank way too much of my mom's vegetable barley soup and I think my stomach is going to explode. Seriously.

No comments: