February 3, 2010

WHERE'S THE HEAT?

My toes are freezing. It's hard to believe that the space heater in my room is currently on because my toes feel like they're going to fall off. It's too cold out. I don't know what the heck is going on with my body but it has not been able to adapt to the cold this winter. As a result, I am not a fan :(

Today's eats were pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. I've now figured out a good schedule for first and second breakfast. Today's first breakfast was two small slices of rye bread with peanut butter (I had the ends of a loaf of bread) and second breakfast was instant organic oatmeal with frozen peaches (that had thawed by the time 10:30 rolled around), blueberries and freeze-fried pineapple bits. My only problem is that instant oatmeal is NOT filling and I keep forgetting the bring along some chia seeds. When I'm eating instant oatmeal at home I always add at least one teaspoon of chia seeds to keep me satiated and especially considering that my next breakfast isn't until another four hours later, I definitely need to remember the chia seeds for tomorrow.

Lunch was pretty stellar but pretty much a repeat of yesterday's dinner:Baked salmon and potato with olive oil, salt, pepper and crumbled feta along with leftover roast veggies. Yum!! I definitely didn't want this lunch to end--nor my actual lunch time.

Fruit bento consisted of canteloupe:
The other fruits you see in there (blueberries and peaches) are the ones I used for my oatmeal. I'm trying to pare down the amount of tupperware I bring to work so that I don't have to wash as many containers when I get home. At my previous workplace I didn't care because I could just wash my containers at work but at my new place there are far too many employees and nowhere to let your dishes/containers dry.

Tonight's dinner was a mish-mash of stuff:
Flax-encrusted sweet potato balls (from Healthy Tipping Point), kidney beans and what my dad actually cooked for dinner: spare ribs with sea cucumber, mushrooms, red pepper, tofu and baby bok choy. I am NOT a fan of weird mish-mash things like that so I tried to avoid his dinner all together but couldn't just eat kidney beans and sweet potato balls for dinner.

I was also bad and ate a chocolate cupcake (unfrosted) and then another mini one with frosting. I also had a white tea jelly with fruit thing and a square of Lindt's sea salt chocolate bar, which I will be reviewing later.

Today's post is short and sweet because I need to get some sleep!!

No comments: