February 22, 2010


My laptop is slowing me down. It's kind of my fault considering that my free space consists of almost 2GB. Yep, that's right...my laptop is running on only 2GB of memory. Sad, isn't it? But I'm about 96% away from burning some photos to DVD and thereby freeing up about 4GB of space. I really need an external hard drive right about now. I also need a new laptop battery but that's another story.

In other news, F man, just F. It's snowing outside and while I would normally be happy, I'm not. It's probably snowing because my birthday is later this week and the world is probably sending me snow for my birthday which I would normally be over-the-moon about, but today I feel so-so about it.

I'm in a bit of a birthday funk. I usually love my birthday. It's the one day that revolves around ME! The day that everyone says nice things to me; that everyone does nice things for me; the day that I don't have to work. This year however, this year things are different. For one thing, I have to work. I can't take the day off. I probably could have asked for it off had I not been sick for two days last week but I can't afford to take any more days off work--not anymore. Not when I'm going to need to take at least an afternoon off to get my bloody G1 all over again (that's another story entirely). I haven't worked on my birthday in oh, five years! Secondly, I'm sick--still! I don't think these meds are actually working. My throat still feels rather sore though not as sore as before though my glands are definitely hurting. It makes me really unsocial at work because I just don't want to talk to anyone.


Food as of late hasn't been entirely interesting. I haven't really wanted to eat and on days when I have wanted to, I've been stuck with things like three-day old mushy rice noodle soup or really bland chicken broth because I think my tastebuds have malfunctioned. Here's a half-decent recap because being sick hasn't really made me want to take pics.

18th...no photos :(
I think my camera ate my photos.


Finally on day two of some antibiotics (argh, as I wanted to avoid them), I was tired of having mushy stuff to eat and decided to go all out with a bowl of Frosted Flakes and organic milk for breakfast:Not exactly the smartest idea with a throat infection but hey, I'm a rebel! I also refused to have anymore soup for lunch so instead I made myself some roast veggies and scrambled eggs:
Veggies included a couple potatoes, a sweet potato, broccoli and mushrooms. A couple hours later I was hungry again and decided to have another helping of roast veggies with an orange for some vitamin C.I can't remember what I had for dinner that night and clearly I forgot to take a pic of it but dessert was a bowl of frozen strawberries that I nuked in the micro for 45 seconds with freshly whipped cream and a couple of crushed vanilla bean meringue cookies.Yum!! This was a little bit too much dessert though so I only about 3/4 of it.


Vacay from blogging--not really. I only had two photos: dinner and a bowl of grapes. Not very exciting so I thought I'd skip it. Plus, I spent the day just watching the Olympics so it wasn't very noteworthy.


Breakfasts are Sunday are always kind of iffy. I either eat them or I don't. I usually attend church with my family and by the time I get myself settled it's around 11 and knowing that lunch will be in an hour, I tend to skip breakfast. Today one of those days. I just went straight to lunch:Egg noodles with slices of pork and veggies.

Dinner was steamed free-range chicken, Chinese vegetables and white basmati rice:Obviously other food was consumed throughout the day...I just neglected to take photos of it. Sometimes my mouth wants to eat more than I want to take photos.


I don't have a photo of first breakfast but instead will present you with a photo of second breakfast, my oatmeal. Here it is in all its glory:Instant organic oats with chia seeds, ground flaxseed, dried mulberries, cherries, coconut and walnuts. The latter was a really crappy decision on my part considering that my throat still hurt. I couldn't finish this. It was a really dumb idea since lunch wasn't until almost 5 hours later! But that's usually what my oatmeal at work looks like.

Lunch was supposed to be this:But as soon as I opened the container to snap the pic this morning, I saw all the mold. Here's a close-up if you need one:Not cool! Luckily I had a back-up for lunch:More leftovers from Mevame, which yes...are almost a week old--yikes! But no mold was present so I decided to go for it. The rest of my snacks included grapes and some dried dates:
Dinner was kind of sad because my stomach wasn't feeling well and my throat was still hurting. I just had an avocado with salt and pepper plus an apple:A little bit later I had a piece of French baguette with cream cheese and I am currently roasting some veggies for my lunch tomorrow. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry you're still sick, that is awful! def work on your bf to get him to agree to SF, i think you'd love it! yay medjools! stuff them with pb and microwave = amazing. my laptop is slowing down too for the same reason..bah! happy earl birthday! hope you can snap out of the bday funk, i know what you mean though!