February 2, 2010

iPHONE-IRIFIC

I have no food photos for today except for my dinner, which was pretty awesome:Baked salmon with lemon and crumbled feta, baked potato with extra virgin olive oil, pepper and crumbled feta, broccoli and red peppers. Delicious but way too much food at 10pm.

The rest of the day's eats were equally delicious but I had no time to take photos in the morning because I left the house at 9:23 (holy mackerel!) and swiped in at work at EXACTLY 9:30. There was actually a bit of traffic in the morning so it took longer than usual to get to work. I'm laughing inside because taking two minutes longer than usual to work is what I consider traffic. Hoo-ha, I love my new workplace.

And when I say, I really do. Besides the tedium of triaging (is that a word? Blogger doesn't think so) and logging in samples, it's a great environment. The people are friendly and make me want to have conversations despite being ridiculously shy around new people. The work is new and challenging but wanting to make this job work is what makes me want to learn and not give up. This is definitely a job where I will never say I know anything and it's nice being able to say I have a job in a completely unrelated field because at least I'm learning new things everyday. The only thing I'm not so happy about is being surrounded by pathogens all day long, especially when I have the most inane fear of contracted E. Coli. I avoid eggnog and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream in fear of contracting E. Coli! I don't even care if the eggs are pasteurized or if no eggs are included as an ingredient; I'm not taking any chances.

Anywaaaaaaaaay, back in food land...I forgot to post about Monday's! How could I forget all about the first day of February!? Here was yesterday's food at work:Second breakfast of mushroom omelet with two slices of rye bread. I ran out of breakfast time and only ate half of what you see above).

Then for lunch I had Sunday's leftovers:Tagliatelle with tomato, zucchini and leftover honey garlic ribs.

My fruit bento consisted of a couple clementines, mini carrots and grapes:No photos from dinner because apparently I was hungry and eating was more important than photographing.

===

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to mention the title of my post! As you may have guessed, I got an iPhone! It was a good deal and my new awesome rate plan is only $5 more than my previous one. So all in all, I'm still impressed with Telus even after al these years. Heck, they did remove $165 worth of charges on three previous months' worth of bills.

Anyway, I'm still getting used to using my iPhone. I haven't had a chance to check out the manual yet--does it even come with one?--so I basically know how to make/answer calls, send/receive text messages, browse/download apps, access Facebook and I guess that's all that matters, just kidding! In time I'll figure out what the heck the rest of those buttons are for.

No comments: