September 29, 2009

FOOD FROM THE PAST

It's been a long time since I've done a bento post. Here's a really long one...

My first pizza on whole wheat pita bread. Half is spinach, mushrooms and feta. The other half is Anjou pear and feta. Both halves were totally yummy!
Close up of the pear and feta:Lunch the following day was leftover pizza with a homemade blueberry jello and a side salad (chopped Iceberg with corn and cucumbers).
As many of you may know I am not a big fan of eating the same thing everyday. I kind of blame this on my dad who will probably blame that on his dad who ate something different every.single.day. Quite an accomplishment for my grandfather who was a father of 13.

As a result I've been mixing up my breakfasts and this is the latest creation: It's an organic whole grain rice cake with chocolate PB and cacao nibs. To say I'm fond of cacao nibs is quite the understatement. I would probably top them with everything if they weren't so darn expensive.

Another day's lunch consists of more whole wheat pita pizza with spinach, mushrooms and feta, yet again. Ju
Dessert that night was a small glass of grape sorbet. So freakin' good! And in the background is my bag of cacao nibs and chocolate PB, yum! Afternoon snack:Double-chocolate biscotti and a mug of juice which contains apples, cucumber, carrots, lemon and ginger.

Trying to incorporate more whole grains into my diet, here's a variation of Donna Hay's mint and avocado couscous:
My version includes feta cheese, black olives, spinach and green onions. Super fresh and tasty!

Breakfast on a Sunday before work includes organic instant maple syrup oatmeal with chocolate PB and cacao nibs.Oh look, more pizza! On the left is spinach, mushrooms and goat cheese. On the right is green peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and parmesan cheese. Last-minute BBQ at Sean's on one of the last days of so-called summer (Sept. 23) included my first Corona with lime.
As well as some incredibly tasty pork back ribs...
And veggie kebabs (with pineapple!) and grilled pineapple with a super yummy brown sugar and rum sauce.
This is the last pizza photo, I swear! Actually, I can't promise that because these pita pizzas are darn tasty. Here's the last one for this post though:One side is tomatoes, mushrooms and brie; the other side is Anjou pear and brie....mmmm...so tasty!

And one last photo...Mixed greens, spinach, black olives, cucumber and goat cheese with a side of black grapes.

No comments: