October 9, 2009

HELLO AGAIN

The amount of crap I've eaten today is embarrassing. Not just crap but food, in general. I've had a craving for something for days now that I just can't get rid of. I can't conquer my craving because I don't know what the heck it is. As a result I've pretty much eaten everything in sight, including two GIANT Empire cookies. What the heck!?! I'm actually mad at myself. For eating too much and the enlarged belly that I am currently glowering at. *directed at belly* I HATE YOU!

In other news, instead of blogging I've been watching Gossip Girl. My lack of fall TV shows (where the hell is Ugly Betty?) means having to catch onto something else and that something else ended up being Gossip Girl. I couldn't help it. I know I shouldn't have and I know it was a stupid idea but when within the first two episodes, there was not one but two mentions of Nine Inch Nails and Trent Reznor...well I was hooked. Plus, sometimes the music is kind of good.

I'm not by any means obsessed with the show or its characters. I find the characters highly obnoxious at times and does Manhattan's elites really dress like Serena? Her dress to Bart Bass' funeral is something I would deem to be highly inappropriate and we all know I'm by no means a prude.

Anyhoo, not all the food has been completely unhealthy. I'm not one of those people that can solely binge on junk food and not feel the effects the next day. So here are some food photos:

Breakfast of plain yogurt, Optimum Slim cereal (I just like to crunch), raspberries and cacao nibs:Green juice: Granny smith apples, kale, celery, cucumber, a carrot, lime and ginger. This is my fave combo right now.
Lunch: Tripolini with broccoli florets, sliced black olives, tomatoes. At work I added some canned tuna. The "dressing" consisted of olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. Mmm...lemon. Lunch another day when I was at home: scrambled eggs with sliced black olives and cucumber, atop a bed of sauteed kale with garlic. Quite delicious.And in keeping with the healthy theme that day, I decided to have the following as an afternoon snack:A Golden Delicious apple with some strawberries, a tablespoon of natural PB and some green tea. And that's it for food photos!

No comments: