March 23, 2009

FOOD NEWS AND CLIF REVIEW

I had the most amazing egg salad sandwich last week and I am proud to say that I made it myself! And no, I'm not just saying it was the best egg salad sandwich I've ever had because I made it myself, it really was "knock your socks off" awesome. This is a photo of my entire lunch that day but I'll give you a breakdown of the egg salad sandwich.

Dom's Egg-cellent Egg Salad Sandwich:
2 eggs, hardboiled
1/2 tsp capers
1 tbsp mayo (soyanaise is not easily found around these parts)
ridiculous amount of fresh dill, finely chopped
teeny pinch of salt
teeny pinch of pepper
super generous squeeze of lemon (I'm a bit lemon-crazed)

Now just mash all of the above with a fork and slather heavily onto a piece of bread, put the top of the bread on and viola! you've got yourself the best egg salad sandwich everrrrr! I enjoyed my egg salad on top of a white baguette (white bread, so bad! but it was an indulgence) and with some baby spinach for extra oomph. So good. I will never go back to the plain, old egg and mayo sandwich. Those days are over grasshopper!

In finding my recipe for the best egg salad sandwich ever, I've given up on the oatmeal breakfast cookie for now but it's only because I keep forgetting to buy soy or almond milk when at work. When it's only like 4 aisles down, you really have no excuse for why you didn't buy it except for my excuse, which is that, since turning 26, I've been forgetting everything. Count yourself lucky if you're my friend and I remember your name two weeks from now.

In other news, I finally got around to tasting my Clif Bar (Chocolate Almond Fudge or something like that) and I'm a fan! It's got a nice crunch from the rice crispy bits and a good chocolate fudge flavour that isn't crazy sweet. I couldn't finish the entire bar though, only about half of it. I kind of wish companies would make their energy bars in mini sizes so mini people like me could actually finish them off.

No comments: