August 6, 2009

FOOD FAILURE

The other day my dad had made cauliflower and sliced beef for dinner. Having completely forgotten about my IBS status and having not had cauliflower in ages, I indulged just a little too much. I felt super bloated and full of heartburn later that night. I didn't know what to do. My first thought should have been to reach for the Gas-X or Rolaids but late into the night I couldn't take it anymore and ended up trying to remedy the crappy feeling in my stomach with a recipe from the Eat-Clean Diet book. It was supposed to look like this:
but mine ended up looking like this:
and I blame my failure on the fact that I thought I could substitute skim milk for organic 2%, because that's all I had on hand. The results, as you can see, were not pretty and so no, you cannot make substitutions unless Ms. Reno says so.

Look at the culprit...so innocent looking. Don't let it fool you though!

No comments: