March 28, 2009

I LIKE OATMEAL, FINALLY!

I've been trying to convince myself to eat oatmeal on a regular basis for years. Normally I wouldn't touch that stuff with a 10-foot-pole because it's mushy and anything mushy reminds me of baby food. Halfway through my bowl of oatmeal or mashed potatoes or whatever mushy food you can think of, I ended up pushing the stuff around with the utensil I'm using and then just giving up. It's not really fun eating mushy stuff since I'm more of a crunchy foodstuffs fan.

Aaaanyway, I finally came up with an oatmeal combo that I really love! And here's the photo:


Dom's Fantastic Oatmeal Concoction:
1 packet of Nativa Organics maple sugar instant oatmeal
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 dollops Liberte Mediterranee mocha yogurt
a whole lotta strawberries chunks

Instructions:
Place instant oatmeal and ground flaxseed into a cup or bowl.
Boil water and add about 1/3-1/2 cup to oatmeal and flaxseed mixture.
Mix well and let stand about 1.5 minutes.
Drop dollops onto oatmeal mixture and then strawberries.
Eat!

I like enjoying this with a spoon and digging into it with a bit of everything from each layer (oatmeal/flaxseed, yogurt and strawberries) like an English trifle. So good! The Nativa Organics instant oatmeal because it's not too sweet. The mocha yogurt also gives the oatmeal a very nice taste and good texture (no longer too mushy), but I always have to remember that Liberte's Mediterranee has a bit of cholesterol and that I shouldn't dig in to it as much I normally would. And strawberries, well I just love strawberries. Mmm, mmm good! It's the best oatmeal breakfast ever. I've been having it for breakfast all week and feel great. Not to mention, my skin looks awesome (and I don't know if it's oatmeal-related but I'll say it is):Those little dots you see on my cheeks...well gosh darnit, those are freckles! More freckles than I've seen in my entire life. So yeah, I'm pretty happy about it and if it's oatmeal-related, well, bring on the oats!

No comments: